Information and Instructions
Background and Purpose
The FAAMA Foundation Scholarship Program was established in 2018 to assist members and their families to complete their higher education and to recognize and reward academically superior performance. FAAMA Foundation scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate, graduate, and technical students.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of the FAA Managers Association, the spouse, the child, or grandchild of a member.
Application Period and Deadlines
The application filing period is February 2nd through May 2nd. To ensure acceptance, the completed package shall be emailed to email@example.com and time stamped by 11:59 pm May 2nd.
Application Package Instructions
Please ensure that the application package is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application package must include the following:
- Application: The application form must be completed, with no blanks. If an item does not apply indicate so with “N/A.”
- Self-Assessment Essay (should not exceed two pages): Please describe the following:
- Long- and short-range career goals and how you expect a FAAMA Foundation scholarship to contribute toward them.
- What leader has inspired you the most in your life and why?
- Professional and personal accomplishments, community involvement and leadership activities, volunteer work, membership in organizations, extracurricular activities, public speaking experiences, etc.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals not related to you. These letters should discuss your personal and academic achievements.
- If you are currently enrolled in college, or another accredited program or flight school, one of these two letters must be from a teacher or academic official.
- Official Transcript/Proof of Enrollment:
- Submit an official transcript if you are already in college, or proof of enrollment in a school you are about to enter. If still in High School, provide proof of GPA.
- For new college students, proof of actual registration will be required prior to disbursement of funds.
- If accepted into an FAA recognized air traffic training program with planned enrollment in the future, provide a letter of acceptance from the school. Submit a document from an instructor if enrolled in a flight school, etc.
Selection consideration will be based upon the completed package. The selection panel will screen and select applicants. Scholarship recipients will be announced in FAAMA’s magazine, Managing the Skies. The scholarship winner’s name and photograph will be used for publication. If selected, please submit a photograph immediately.
Responsibility of Recipients
Scholarship recipients shall provide a written report prior to the end of the year that the scholarship was awarded. This report is intended to update FAAMA membership on the recipient’s progress, stating how the scholarship was used. This report may be published in Managing the Skies magazine.