The FAAMA Foundation will be auctioning off six giant display prints from the 2021 40th Annual Gathering of Eagles and Managing the Skies Expo. These prints were on display during in the convention hall and feature images from Top Gun! Each of the prints is around 10 feet wide. Each will be shipped for free with your winning bid. The auctions will close at Midnight Saturday October 29. All bids must outbid the current bid by $25. Final payment must be completed by Saturday November 5 or the item will be sold to the next highest bidder. You can bid by clicking on the link for each item. Please include your name and your bid amount. The item number should be in the subject of the email automatically. The starting bid for items 1-4 is $250, the starting bid for items 5 & 6 is $200.
Print 1 Tom Cruise with Top Gun Logo: Current Bid $0 – Bid on Print 1
Print 2 Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis: Current Bid $0 – Bid on Print 2
Print 3 Tom Cruise in F14: Current Bid $0 – Bid on Print 3
Print 4 Monica Barbaro “Phoenix” with F18: Current Bid $0 – Bid on Print 4
Print 5 Mystery Image from Top Gun Maverick: Current bid $0 – Bid on Print 5
Print 6 Mystery Image from Top Gun Maverick: Current bid $0 – Bid on Print 6
Donate Via Amazon Smile
You can donate to the FAAMA Foundation when you shop at Amazon.
Go to http://bit.ly/faamafoundation
Great news if you have an Android Phone!
AmazonSmile is now available in the Amazon Shopping App for all Android users. If you are an AmazonSmile customer, you can now support the FAAMA Foundation every time you shop! Simply follow these instructions to turn on AmazonSmile and start donating!
- If you have the latest version of the Amazon Shopping App, open the App on your android device.
- View settings and select AmazonSmile.
- Follow the in app instructions to complete the process
AmazonSmile is currently unavailable for iOS users but we will notify you as soon as it becomes available!
Information and Instructions
Background and Purpose
The FAAMA Foundation Scholarship Program was established in 2018 to assist members and their families to complete their higher education and to recognize and reward academically superior performance. FAAMA Foundation scholarships are available on a competitive basis to undergraduate, graduate, and technical students.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of the FAA Managers Association, the spouse, the child, or grandchild of a member.
Application Period and Deadlines
The application filing period is May 1, 2022, through June 30, 2022. To ensure acceptance, the completed package shall be emailed to [email protected] and time-stamped by 11:59 pm June 30, 2022.
Application Package Instructions
Please ensure that the application package is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The application package must include the following:
- Application: The application form must be completed, with no blanks. If an item does not apply indicate so with “N/A.”
- Self-Assessment Essay (should not exceed two pages): Please describe the following:
- Long- and short-range career goals and how you expect a FAAMA Foundation scholarship to contribute toward them.
- What leader has inspired you the most in your life and why?
- Professional and personal accomplishments, community involvement and leadership activities, volunteer work, membership in organizations, extracurricular activities, public speaking experiences, etc.
- Letters of Recommendation:
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals not related to you. These letters should discuss your personal and academic achievements.
- If you are currently enrolled in college, or another accredited program or flight school, one of these two letters must be from a teacher or academic official.
- Official Transcript/Proof of Enrollment:
- Submit an official transcript if you are already in college, or proof of enrollment in a school you are about to enter. If still in High School, provide proof of GPA.
- For new college students, proof of actual registration will be required prior to disbursement of funds.
- If accepted into an FAA recognized air traffic training program with planned enrollment in the future, provide a letter of acceptance from the school. Submit a document from an instructor if enrolled in a flight school, etc.
Selection consideration will be based upon the completed package. The selection panel will screen and select applicants. Scholarship recipients will be announced in FAAMA’s magazine, Managing the Skies. The scholarship winner’s name and photograph will be used for publication. If selected, please submit a photograph immediately.
Responsibility of Recipients
Scholarship recipients shall provide a written report prior to the end of the year that the scholarship was awarded. This report is intended to update FAAMA membership on the recipient’s progress, stating how the scholarship was used. This report may be published in Managing the Skies magazine.